Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson

Ok Now I know he died a few days ago but after seeing all the comments online I figured I'd put in my two cents. Now this may upset many people but I'm sick and tired of hearing about him. Yes he was a great artist and will be missed but come one people give it a rest.

One of the things that really gets me is the fact that everywhere I look for every one person that talks about how sorry they are to see him go there is two people talking about him being a pedophile. Now this may upset certain people but according to the courts and the law he is not.


Now I don't feel this way for all people that have been accused of this but the fact of the matter is he was a celebrity and in this crazy mess up world of ours people will say or do anything to bring down a celebrity. He has been a celebrity since he was 8 years old. How would you feel if you were forced to grow up too fast at a young age. Yes he was eccentric and had many kids over at his mansion and at Neverland but he just felt that he identified with the little kids. Think about it who did he idolize? Peter Pan, for crying out loud, the boy who refused to grow up. In fact there is a psychological disorder that he might have had called Peter Pan syndrome. So in other words in his mind he was still a little kid and when you were a little kid did you sleep in the same bed as other little kids? When you did did you think of doing anything sexual with them? I doubt it. So in my opinion as well as what the law says he was not a pedophile so give the guy a break and drop it. Some of the other negative comments I've heard are that he was turning himself into a white woman. Well I'm sorry but he had a skin disease called vitiligo that causes the loss of skin pigment. Now I have nothing to say about his plastic surgery, but the moral of it is this, THE MAN IS DEAD! WHY MUST YOU SPEAK ILL OF THE DEAD? Not to mention the fact that he himself was a father. So before you open you mouth think about the fact that you are badmouthing the dead brother, son, and father of someone else.

I instead choose to remember him for the fact that he was one hell of an entertainer and the muses and Apollo must have been by his side through out his career cause WOW could he sing. He his such a pop icon that many people were influenced by him. Hell he was named the King of Pop because of his great talent. Who can forget Thriller with the Vincent Price narration and laugh. Hell how many times have you tried to do the moonwalk? Although I must say my favorites were Billy Jean and a lot of his 90's stuff.

So I guess all in all what I am trying to say is may he Rest In Peace and may all of this media coverage and all this fanfare about his death go away. Although I do want to see one thing and that is an all star tribute to him celebrating him, his music and his charity work. With his family right up front.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that he was a great performer and he did good by his kids. He kept them with him and I can respect that.

    ReplyDelete