Saturday, May 16, 2009

How I came to be known as Romeo without a Juliet

Well while thinking of a topic to write about today I realized that many of you have seen and called me by my other online name Romeo without a Juliet. In fact way back at the New Year’s party The Bruised Knight even introduced me as Romeo without a Juliet. So I figured I’d explain how I acquired that name. I’m going to warn you right now though it is a long but interesting story.

It all started way back ten years ago in the year 1999 I was working at McDonald’s and so was this girl named Stacy. Well before long after getting to know her I started developing a crush on her. Well I told a few of my coworkers and for some strange reason my boss Marie. Well on MLK Day that year she came into work and one of the people whom I told, Jeff, was having a conversation with her and Marie the whole time they kept looking back at me from the front counter in front of the bin. Well since I’m a paranoid guy when it comes to that kinda stuff I thought that they said something to her. So after talking it over with my friend Ben I decided that since she already knew I liked her then it wouldn't hurt to ask her out.

So about a week later as I was leaving for work I asked her if I could talk to her, and she asked me to come back later when she was on her break. Well I came back later nervous as hell and she was sitting down in the booth. So I sat down in the other side and stammered out something close to "You probably guessed this was coming since you know I like you so here it goes. Stacy would you like to go out with me?" This came as a big surprise to her since up until that point she did not know that I liked her. I found out this little bit of information from her response. She responded by saying, "Dave, I didn't know you liked me no one told me, but I'm in the middle of trying to get out of a bad relationship and I have to see where I'm going to go from there." Now I don’t know about all of you but to me that sounds like a big maybe. We even sat around and talked for a while after the 500 pound gorilla had left the room.

Well a few weeks later it was the week of Valentine’s Day and she received a carnation from this guy Paul. The next day I talked to Marie about it and she told me that Paul was trying to go out with her as well and that was his way of trying to get with her. Well I for some reason decided that I would play along with this game and decided that anything he could do I could do ten times better. He thought he’d be romantic and gave her a cheap carnation from school. Well I figured I can easily out romance him.

I checked the schedules to see what time she was working on Valentine’s Day and came into the store that day with a dozen red roses, a card with a poem entitled, “Why do I Love You?" in it that I copied by hand from a book, and a stuffed dog holding a heart that read, “ I Wuff You”. Unfortunately Paul was also working at the same time so he was doing everything he could to disrupt the moment including stacking up cups like a pyramid and knocking them down. Well after a while he had the nerve to come up to me and tell me to back off because he was trying to work on her as well and the tension was too much or something like that. Well I said my goodbyes and I left.

A few weeks later even after word had gotten around about what I had done she chose to go out with Paul. Well after hearing that one of my managers came out and said Stacy was stupid for choosing Paul over me, “a regular Romeo”. The funny thing is a week or so later Stacy dumped Paul because “he was a moron”. I must admit this part is true about him. This guy was a manager and when he left one day with the bank deposit he set it on top of his car and drove off leaving it for some little kids to find and thankfully turn in. Stacy and I remained friendly up until I moved away and down to Florida. I must admit though I still carry a torch for her, after all these years.

So anyhow that is how I came up with the nickname Romeo without a Juliet. I’m just a hopeless romantic who I know one day will find his Juliet, but for now I’m not actively looking I have too much going on in my life to worry about that.

Anyhow before I say something I end up regretting later (one of the perils of posting at 1 AM) I’ll present the Random Bachelor Dare Card of the Day. Today’s Random Bachelor Dare Card of the Day is: ”Find two ladies who will make you their ‘meat’ in their bump-n-grind ‘sandwich’ out on the dance floor”

That sounds like a lot of fun I could defiantly give that dare a try.

921 words. Sorry it’s so long but like I said an interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment